I made Betty Crocker’s Blackberry Cobbler last night while my husband and I watched the Golden Globes, but I wasn’t about to miss any big awards or side-splitting jokes from Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to make it. So, during the commercial breaks I slipped into the kitchen because it only requires a few minutes to put together (after soaking the blackberries). I think Betty Crocker deserves a few awards of her own for this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen blackberries (make sure to thaw and drain if using frozen)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar ( I used about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a medium bowl stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand 20 minutes or until a fruit syrup forms. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Then, stir in melted butter until it’s blended.
- Spread flour mixture in an ungreased 8×8 square pan. Then, spoon the blackberry mixture on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until dough rises and top is golden.
- Eat it while it’s warm!
A blackberry cobbler good enough for the red carpet.
Click here for the original recipe.