Tonight, the temperature is supposed to drop to 19 degrees. Freezing temperatures make me want to cook a big pot of something warm and comforting. This Shrimp Corn Chowder recipe comes together in no time and is pretty budget friendly. Plus, it’s rich and creamy. It’s a perfect weeknight meal!
Ingredients: Serves: 4 (or 2 with leftovers)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced ( I use about 1 teaspoon of pre-minced garlic)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans potato soup, undiluted (I use Campbell’s Cream of Potato)
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 fat)
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and drained
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven or saute pan. Add garlic, onion, and pepper. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in potato soup, milk, cream cheese, and corn. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally. Add shrimp; cover, reduce heat and cook 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.
How easy was that?? I am serving up a big bowl of chowder with warm Honey Cornbread Muffins . Thanks Nana for giving this recipe to me.
Keeping warm in the kitchen,
The Southern Bee
*This recipe was handed down to me, so I’m not sure where it originated.