My first attempt at pumpkin pie with a homemade graham cracker crust! I loved this recipe because the blend of spices worked well with the creaminess of the pumpkin and it wasn’t too sweet. I recommend enjoying a slice with a cup of coffee.
- 1 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk (almost 2 cans)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust unbaked
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients (except the pie crust) into a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixture at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake the pie for 50 more minutes. Insert a knife into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean the pie is ready! Cool on a wire rack. I added a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of my slice!
For the picture and original recipe click here.