These Seasoned Black Beans go very well with White Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas. This recipe is from food.com.
- 2 (15 0z) can of black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (I used minced garlic and it worked well)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano (I used regular oregano)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
In a saute pan, heat the garlic in the oil over medium heat. Then, add the onion. Add the oregano and cumin, stirring frequently. You may need to add a few drops of water if the mixture begins to stick. Saute until the onions are tender. Add the black beans and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Just before serving stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!
Note: The original recipe called for 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped. I chose to omit them because I didn’t want the beans to be too spicy. If you choose to add them, put them in with the onions.