We eat rice a lot in our home. It’s inexpensive and is very versatile, but it can get boring. This recipe livens up plain white rice by adding lime juice and cilantro. It pairs well with a Mexican inspired dish like White Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas or Basic Fish Tacos.
Cilantro Lime Rice
Serves: 4 Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Adding in one teaspoon of oil and the salt with the rice.
2. While the rice is cooking, mix the lime juice (use 3/4 of lime), cilantro and remaining 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a small bowl.
3. When the rice is done transfer it into a serving bowl. Pour the lime-cilantro mixture over it. Stir to combine the rice and mixture. Enjoy this flavorful dish!
Note: This recipe was created by BudgetSavvyDiva.com, but was made with love by TSB.
Jazzin’ Up Weekday Meals,
The Southern Bee